Friday, August 29, 2008

Where did the week go?

With Payton going to preschool 3 mornings out of the week (T, W, TH) and all of us going to the gym on Monday and Friday, time just disappears. Speaking of preschool, I have a little bit of a dilemma concerning lunch time. I pick Payton up at noon to go home and eat lunch with Ian and I. The first two days of school this week, she cried when I came to pick her up saying, 'I want to stay with the other kids!' She wants to eat lunch with them, but it's an extra $6.25 for every lunch hour that she stays. By Thursday, she was better. She just pouted a little, voiced the same desire, but she came along with Ian and I without me having to hold her. I understand that she wants to hang out with the other kids and eat lunch with them, but she's only 3 and she will have many years to do this. I was thinking of letting her do it maybe every once in a while as a special treat, but we'll see.
The sun came back out yesterday and we had Samuel and Sarah over for a play date. I forgot to take down Payton's notes on the front of the door. Payton decided one day this week that she was going to write out a bunch of notes. I'm not sure what they are suppose to say, but they are in crayon and each one is a different color. Then she wanted to post them outside so everyone could see them. I didn't want them flying down the street so we put them in between our outside doors. It reminds my of Martin Luther's 95 Theses, although I don't know what Payton is trying to reform. Samuel and Sarah's mommy thought they were cute.

Scott works this weekend and Monday. It's his last few days in the MICU - Yay! Being on-call every other 24 hour period is no fun for anyone. It'll be nice to have him back on the weekends, too.

2 comments:

Oma and Opa van Poppel said...

It is the most beautiful egg plant I have ever seen. Was it just as good to eat?

I was truely impressed with Peyton's orange clogs.

Do you think she's going to be a diplomat. What a comcept for a three-year-old to realize.

Laura said...

The eggplant was very good. I made eggplant fries with half of it and roasted the other half with red pepper and onions.