I know Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, but Christmas is right around the corner. Payton is looking forward to Christmas and can't wait to open presents already. Ian is still too young to understand what's coming, although I'm sure he will enjoy the season.
Well, in preparation for Santa's arrival, we went about an hour south of here to an outlet mall near Charlotte. We found a couple of things for the kids, walked around alot, had a 6 minute train ride inside the mall, and had yummy mall pizza. We were all a little tired when we left the mall that afternoon. Scott and I loaded the kids in the car and Scott put their sippy cups on the roof while we buckled the kids in. I was suppose to take them off the roof before I got into the car. Somehow, it slipped my mind. We made the first corner out of our row in the parking lot and I heard something on the roof and said, 'What was that?' Scott looked at me and shrugged. We turned a couple more corners and I got a view of what was on the roof. Sure enough, both cups were in the middle of the street about to be run over by on-coming cars. Scott and I decided that it wasn't worth going back to get them. About that time, Payton asked what was going on and I say truthfully, 'Mommy forgot to bring the cups in off the roof and now they are in the middle of the road being run over by cars.' Payton immediately started bawling! 'I want my cup!' The boo-hooing is so sad and pathetic. Scott and I were actully chuckling about he whole thing to ourselves, but Payton's crying didn't appear as if it was going to stop. So, Scott makes the block to go back to get the cups. Payton's cup was only cracked and didn't look damaged, but Ian's lid was almost nonexistent and his cup was crushed. I showed Payton the cups, which somehow help her calm down. Actually I think that Daddy and I telling her we would get her a new, better cup helped her calm down the best. Then she had to repeat the whole incident again to all of us, just to make sure everyone understood what happened. I had no idea that losing a cup was going to be so traumatic for Payton. Scott thinks that the graphic way I described how we lost the cup is what set her off. Either way, she's fine now.
3 comments:
I gotta agree; the bluntness probably did it.
But I would have laughed at that pretty hard too. That's just classic.
Now, the next time they start fighting in the back seat you can turn around with, "You want to ride outside on the roof?"
;)
:) That's funny. You never know, we might have to use that sometime.
Post a Comment