Saturday, February 7, 2009

Daddy Cross-Cover Blogger- Day 2

Well I've survived another day. This kids have actually been great, energetic and non-stop, but great. 

We spent the morning debating the merrits of a poptart vs. yoghurt vs. gummi WALL-Es before we headed out to watch basketball. Reese is the young son of our friends, Bill and Robin. He had a game at a local middle school. P and I were enthralled for the first half of the game. While Ian consistently reminded us where the ball was and that it goes "in hoop, daddy!", Payton began collecting data from daddy: Why are they bouncing the ball--why dont they carry it? Why are they wearing numbers on the back? Why are we cheering for the blue team (Reese's team)? Why can't I cheer for the white team? Why do we cheer dad? What is "half-time"? And why do the teams stay separate during half time and mix all together when they play? ------ well you get the idea.

The second half was spent discovering the joys of bleachers and bouncing the basketball along the sideline.

We spent lunch with our friends, and the kids promptly fell asleep in the car. They were exhausted. After Post-nap grumpiness wore off we spent time till a late dinner at the playpark. Its a beautiful 62 degrees here in the bright sun. 















Tommorow we are heading to the zoo!

Now, where did I leave my keg of mountain dew?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Fun! Ian having a bad hair day I see...Love, Mom