Whoo-hoo! Sunday....I think....no wait.......yeah, um...I've lost all grip on date and time.
Both the kids have stuffy noses so I don't think either slept well, but Payton talked about the zoo from when she woke up at 3am, through her poptart, through Ian's poptart, and while daddy chugged numerous mountain dews. After I packed up a lunch (proud of me mom?) and readied myself for a trip, I loaded the car DVD and we were off! Wait did I take a shower.....um did I put on a clean......well never mind.
The day was beautiful around 71 degrees. The zoo wasn't that crowded, atleast that early and we got to a lot of the exhibits in good time. Unfortunately a lot of the bigger "North American" side animals were not out. Including the Polar bears. Oh well, I just spent the rest of the day trying to convince Payton that every other animal we came across was a Polar Bear. She would have none of it. Smart girl.
Please notice the "African" Polar Bear behind Payton nibbling on the tree.
These "woodland" polar bears were also really close. A cool treat.
All the wild animals, and one of the most fascinating things to the kids are the shiny water fountains....
Of Course we can't get through the Zoo without the play park, which is incredible and the kids have the greatest time.
But alas, 2 hours and the kids begin to drag and so does daddy. Payton ends up for the last 45 minutes on daddy's shoulder and Ian phasing out in the umbrella stroller. As you might expect this is what the kids looked like before I made it out of the parking lot:
Both kids woke up on the "Holy crap my neck hurts..." side of the car seat. Nothing a lot of playing in the yard couldn't solve. Beautiful evening deserves dinner on the deck!
Mommy comes home tommorow afternoon.....yeah!
I need a nap.
1 comment:
Good job, Daddy. You are an over-achiever and making me look bad. What is Payton wearing? What's up with her wearing Ian's socks?
Post a Comment