Today was Payton's end of the year program. The kids all did very well. There was the usual crying child, costume malfunctions, and kids staring off into space. Unfortunately most of the time Payton was the one just staring off not saying the words to the songs and bible verses. I don't know if she didn't know the words to everything or she was just busy basking in the splendor of all the attention. I tried to capture as much as I could on the camera - when I got there I realized I only had 3 minutes of battery life left :) Payton's favorite song was Romans 16:19 Says - she sang and did the most for this one.
Ian was entertained during the songs, but then started wandering around and rolling around on the floor during the bible verses. After the program came the recognition awards which I realize are a necessity, but when they last almost as long as the kids' program did - it became a little too much. Ian was flipping out. It didn't help that he was tired. (On the way to Payton's school, we were in the car for 7 minutes and both kids were out - asleep.) So after the program was over, we were supposed to have a covered dish dinner for which I made a beautiful pasta salad. But, after Ian almost ran out the door, and Payton wanting to be held while we were waiting in line to be served, I decided I had had enough and left. I hope everyone else enjoyed the salad. We had some leftover pizza at home.
The day ended with me pretty frazzled, but it wasn't all bad. The first part of the day was fine. We got Gizmo shaved today. Ian and I took him to the Petsmart groomer this morning at 11 and then ate lunch at Chic-fil-A. Ian played in their playroom for almost half an hour. He's learned to pull himself up a step that comes up to his chest. It's pretty impressive to see how strong this little tike is. The he would yell, 'I made it!'
1 comment:
Can't stop laughing.... that picture of Gizmo is just too funny! :D He's really looking at ya, like: don't you laugh... it's not funny... I feel naked...
xxx
Post a Comment