Monday, August 4, 2008

One more for Ian


Poor little guy. This was injury #3 and I hope this will be it for a while. I was getting lunch on the table and the kids were running around chasing each other. Of course, I warned Payton to stop running before someone got hurt. She slowed down, but not for long. The next thing I knew I heard a thud and Ian screaming. I ran to Ian, picked him up. I couldn't tell what was wrong with him at first. I put Payton in a time out and asked what happened. She didn't have much of an answer. So, we sit down to lunch and I notice that Ian's nose is red, a little swollen, and there's a little bit of blood in his mucus. I asked Payton, "Did you hit Ian in the nose?" She said yes. "What hit him in the nose?" I asked. She said, "My hand." I was NOT happy. Payton said it was an accident, but she still got grounded from the TV tonight because I told her to stop chasing Ian. In the words of Charlie Brown, 'Good grief!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

things seem to come in 3's so hopefully that's the last of it. poor guy.

The Hawg said...

Score one for the eldest!!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever.
The youngest always starts it.
It's like basketball: The retaliation is what catches the whistle. -Ask Kevin
CM