Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Payton's first day of school



Well, the teacher seemed pleased about Payton's first day of school. Miss Reynolds was happy that no one cried or got upset, and that all the kids played well together. When I picked up Payton from preschool she was flush from being outside on the playground. She was excited to see me, but one of the first things she said was, 'Mommy, I want to stay longer.' The second thing she said was, 'I'm VERY hungry.' On the way home, I fed her a little snack and we discussed her first day. They painted with watercolors. They had storytime. The book was about someone's first day of school. She said she didn't make any friends, but that her favorite time was out on the playground. Evidently there are two slides, a big one and little one, and she went down both of them. She was really hungry. She ate four dinosaur chicken nuggets, some cheetos, and applesauce. Payton said she didn't like the snack that the teachers gave her, which were Goldfish crackers. She told me that I forgot to bring them the good snacks. I don't think there's anything I can do about snacks. I guess Payton will just have to learn to not be so picky. I was relieved that she had a great time. Next week she'll go Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
While Payton was at school, Ian and I went to the gym. Then we went to a picnic with the RSA. Ian and I had some nice bonding time.








2 comments:

Oma and Opa van Poppel said...

She is getting to be so big. Sounds like she is going to have a great time at school.

Nels said...

She looks happy. Uhmmm...who took her birthday?