On Saturday Scott and I wanted to get out of the house. It was a beautiful morning, maybe a little chilly, but sunny. I wanted to go to Salem Lake to see if spring had come to the trees yet. Ian wanted to see the ducks. We got there and the trees still were in winter, and the ducks were no where to be seen. But, we got to visit the geese. We got out of our car to walk around and the resident geese started to surround us. I tried to shoo them away, but they kept advancing. The geese are as large as our children with snapping beaks at eyes level. Finally, I yelled, "Grab the children!" and we set off in the opposite direction. When we decided to leave, the geese were still hovering around our car. Scott and I had to employ strategic moves to get us all in the car while avoiding the hissing gander (we think he was the leader).
Then we headed off to Reynolda Gardens. The formal gardens there are so sweet. They also have a greenhouse that was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment