'He's giving me a ticket, sweetie.'
'Why?'
'Because I was speeding.....'
'I want to go'
'Me too, darlin', but we have to wait till I get my ticket'
Yep, Mommy was going 69 mph in a 55 mph zone according to Mr. State Trooper. I asked him where it changed from 65 to 55 and he said about a mile back. I don't know why I didn't see the speed limit sign. Maybe it was the 3 - 18 wheelers right around me at the time. Why didn't anybody hit the brakes around me if the speed changed by 10 miles an hour?!?!? Weren't we all going the same speed? Why did Mr. State Trooper pull over the mom with 2 kids in the back seat?
Evidently Statesville, NC has a bad reputation for catching people when they least expect it. Too bad I didn't know there was a speed trap right before highway 77 intersects with I-40. Guess I'll remember next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hopefully they have defensive driving in NC like in TX. Try to find a comedy one. It's not too bad, and yes, I speak from experience.
Yeah- I did one of those comedy DD classes in AZ as well. Makes it easier to suffer through, but it is a tremendous waste of time and money nonetheless.
It's even worse around here... I got a ticket for driving 2,5 miles too fast... it's just ridiculous :p
I took a driving class once in high school. Painfully informative, but got a hot date out of it! :) lol
Post a Comment