
Payton went to the pediatric ENT doctor today. She's always been a loud breather at night, but recently, she just seems to be worse. So we were referred to and ENT doc. Payton was an excellent patient and listened to the doctor very well. Then while I was listening to her prognosis, she jumped around the examination chair. She doesn't understand what surgery means or entails yet, but she will. Payton will have a tonsillectomy and adenoidectemy on April 23. I think Payton's case was pretty much a no brainer for the Dr. Doctors rate the size of tonsils on a scale of 0 to 4. Zero being having no tonsils at all and 4 being a complete blockage of the throat. Payton was a 3. Then her adenoid are providing 100% blockage in her sinuses. The doctor seemed pretty impressed. She'll be under general anesthesia for the surgery. It's an outpatient procedure, but there is a chance she will be kept overnight. At least I was able to schedule her surgery after her birthday.

My friend, Robin, kept Ian while I took Payton to the Dr. (Scott is in TX for a conference.) Ian was super good for Robin. After the Dr. appt., Payton was sooooo excited to go play at Robin and Bill's house. The kids have such a great time at their house. They decided to play dress up today. At one point, Payton was dressed as a race car driver and Ian was dressed up like a fairy, wand and all :)
Like I mentioned before, Daddy is in Austin, Tx for a conference. The weather here had been very wet and rainy. We're hanging in there, but I'm thinking we might go to the gym tomorrow so Mommy can have a couple of hours to herself. Our big flat screen TV was finally fixed today after being out of commission for 2 weeks! So tonight we're having 'Big TV Movie Night'! Daddy comes back Monday night late....
1 comment:
Poor kid. Hope she gets a bunch of popcicles out of the deal.
Post a Comment