Thursday, October 9, 2008

Basketball Anyone?



Amidst the fair and the slip 'n slide fun, I forgot to post a recent acquisition of the van Poppel household in which Ian is particularly fond of. I'm talking about a Little Tikes basketball goal. He was SO excited when he first saw it on Sunday. He will sit there and shoot the ball over and over again. On Tuesday when I got back from the grocery store, he wouldn't let me put away the groceries. He kept bringing me a ball in the kitchen and insisting I come with him to shoot baskets - over and over again. It took me 30 minutes to put everything away because we HAD to take turns shooting baskets.



Slug War II commenced today. We've been having some rain on and off since yesterday afternoon and I think the slugs really like this weather. For whatever reason, they tend to rear their little squirmy, slimy heads right after rains. Anyway, I decided not to count how many I disposed of because it would be too disgusting. But, the broccoli and cabbage are looking pretty good despite the slugs attacking (mainly) the bottom leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

according to the video you guys have a chuck e. cheese ball thing in your living room.

my mind just went blank...the thing where you swim in the plastic balls.

Laura said...

If you look back in the blogs, there is a picture of an inflatable frog pool that we got for Payton. We decided to put balls in it and now we have balls EVERYWHERE.