Thursday, October 23, 2008

Playing Catch Up

It's been over a week since I've posted! I've got lots of catching up to do, so it'll take a little time. I'll have pics of Grandma and Grandpa's visit up soon.



Yesterday, Payton's preschool class led chapel at her school. The school has preschool - 8th grade, plus most of the preschool kids' parents were there. They were in the the front of the church singing and saying bible versus. It was typical, some singing, praising God and some gnashing of teeth and crying. It was all very cute.

Also yesterday, Payton wanted to make some cookies after her quiet time. I don't need to eat any more cookies, but she saw her Alphabake cook book - which has recipes and ideas of things to do with her alphabet cookie cutters. She wanted to play with her letters, so we made Jello jigglers using the cookie cutters. Actually first you have to make the jello. The recipe calls for two packages of jello for 1 1/4 cups of water! It took me 10 minutes to stir in all that gelatin because of course Payton got tired of stirring. I couldn't believe how concentrated it was. So we stuck the Jello in the ice box and made her and Ian's name out of Jello after supper.






Scott got home early, so we took a trip to the driving range with him. It was a beautiful evening - a little chilly (60 degrees) but nice in the sun. Daddy likes to get his swing recorded so he can study and improve it. So, Payton wanted hers recorded too.


Ian had a rough night last night. I was up with him for almost two hours. I think he got cold and then his teeth have been bothering him. I ended up sleeping with him in our guest bed (which is in his room). He loves that big bed. So I think we're going to move him into it tonight.

No comments: