We were outside playing. Well, the kids were playing and I was looking at the garden. And Payton yells out, 'Mommy, can I pee next to the tree?' I feel I must explain where this came from. When we were on the Blue Ridge Parkway, there were two times, when Payton said she needed to go pee when there was no place to go. The first time, we were on a trail, in the woods, 1/4 mile from a restroom. I know that doesn't sound far, but for a 19 month and 3 year old, it can be. The second time, we were in the car on a windy road with no civilization in sight. The options were, hold it, pee in her car seat, or stop and pee on the side of the road (next to a tree). We (Grandma, Daddy, and I) tried to get her to go by a tree on the trail and on the side of the road. We even got her pants down, but when she tried to squat and go, she couldn't. I really don't blame her. The temperatures were in the 40s and 50s at the time. The chilly wind on a cold behind might stop me as well. At least, we had no accidents on the trip :)
Back to Payton in the backyard saying, 'Mommy, can I?' I said, 'Uh, why don't you just go inside the house?' Of course, that would take too long and she wanted to get back to playing. So I gave in and Payton picked out a tree and went. Unfortunately, her socks still got wet, but she had thown off the rest of her clothes, so they were dry. We have to work on the squatting thing a bit.
She went back to her playing and everyone was having a great time, until the sand throwing incident. Neither Payton or Ian was innocent in this one, but poor Ian got the short end of the deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment