Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa!


Grandma and Grandpa flew in yesterday. It was quite a day. Payton woke up and was not awake 10 minutes and threw up. She had a stomach bug and basically just wanted to lay on the couch. So that's what we did all morning. Grandma and Grandpa's flight got in Raleigh-Durham at 2:30 pm, so I packed the kids up and we drove the hour and a half to the airport. Payton was feeling better and once she saw Grandma and Grandpa, she couldn't stop talking. She talked almost the whole way home, telling us all about the pumpkin patch and how she didn't feel so well. It was so cute.




Today we went to Salem Lake. I went for a run with my friend Jill. Grandma took a walk with Ian, and Grandpa played with Payton. Payton had to feed her animals. She also took some pictures. I don't know what else she and Grandpa did, but they filled about 45 minutes with things to do - no problem. Payton didn't want to leave.


This afternoon, we played outside. It was pretty hot, so I broke out a sprinkler. We had a very nice day and everyone didn't complain about going to bed tonight :)
Scott has a big presentation on Friday, and some chapters he's writing with one of the attendings, so he's been MIA and will be till he's done. So it's nice that my parent are here.

1 comment:

Nels said...

Say hey to your folks and tell Scott good luck. Wish we could see you guys!

PS I just got back in town and posted a few pics from Barcelona on the other blog. I'll probably throw some on Facebook as well. We had a good time. We'll have to fill you in more later.