Thursday, October 30, 2008

Payton's Halloween Party



Payton's preschool had a Halloween Party today and I was one of the mom organizers. Somehow, it actually turned into a Fall Festival that included the preschool and Pre-K classes. Ian and I got to stay all morning to help out. The kids had mummies (pigs in blankets) and orange punch for snack time. Then Payton went around to 4 different stations and went on a wagon ride. She made spiders, a witch hand, and decorated Halloween sugar cookies. Then my station was the creepy feeling mystery box station. I had three boxes, each with something for them to feel that they couldn't see. Then I had the kids tell me what they thought was in each box. They also colored a Fall/Halloween picture. Fun, huh? So my mystery boxes were eyeballs (peeled grapes), worms (wet spaghetti), and a black cat (one of Payton's stuffed toys). The girls liked the black cat the best, whereas I think the boys liked the spaghetti.


Ian played in the preschool room all morning while I manned my station. He was super-good (thank God!).

No comments: